Thursday, December 3, 2015

Day 1: Holiday Craft Night and Little Critter

Day One of our 25 Days of Christmas Activities, we launched the holiday season by hosting a holiday craft party for my son and his cousins. After running off some steam outside, we made ribbon Christmas trees:


Though they didn't quite turn out like the one I found on Pinterest, the kids had fun making them:




For snacks, I melted white baking chocolate for the kids to dip pretzel sticks and roll in Christmas colored sprinkles:




It was the perfect way to get the kids in the mood for the holiday season.

After everyone went home, my son and I started our annual 25 Nights of Christmas Books tradition. Every night during the month of December, my son and I read a different Christmas or Winter-themed book. I started this tradition his first Christmas. Over the past four years, we have added to our collection and made wonderful bedtime reading memories.

I like to start the month off with a fun book, with one of my son's favorite book characters, like Curious George or Little Critter. Tonight, we read "Little Critter Merry Christmas" by Mercer Mayer:





I'd say we had a fantastic start to our holiday season :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment