Sunday, December 6, 2015

Day 4: Avila Valley Barn and The Animals' Christmas Eve

 On Day Four of our 25 Days of Christmas Activities, my son, our dog, and I went to Avila Valley Barn. It is one of our favorite places to visit, especially during the holidays!

The grounds around the parking lot are beautiful, so we walk our dog first (we don't take her in because we don't want her to scare the farm animals :-)



Once inside, the grounds are beautifully decorated for the holidays:


And, there are animals to feed. For just $1.00, you can get a bag of veggies to feed to the animals:





My son's favorite part of Avila Valley Barn during Christmas are their Christmas trees:


Tonight's Christmas book is one of my favorites: The Animals' Christmas Eve. It's the story of Jesus' birth told through the eyes of barn yard animals in flowing prose:



Here's my son sounding out the title:



After typing my blog title, I realized how perfectly the activity and book match! It wasn't planned :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment